Senior Informatica Administrator
Job Code: 395498
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
The Global Business Technology Solutions(GBTS) Platform Engineering department is in the process of implementing an enterprise Informatica shared utility. This multi tenancy platform will allow business partners to reduce spend on Infrastructure and maintenance costs while taking advantage of additional Informatica products.
This candidate will work in the GBTS Platform Engineering department and should have deep experience across the Informatica product suite. The candidate should also demonstrate passion for building the Informatica administration service from the ground up and be comfortable working within a fast pace, fast changing environment while influencing teams to achieve goals in a collaborative manner.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as part of a highly-skilled, high-performing team, providing technical solutions to create valuable extensions and enhancements of our Informatica service offering.
- Support the availability, maintenance and usage of the data integration solutions in a hybrid environment (cloud and on premise), matching our licensed Informatica products.
- Provide administration support and technical leadership for all aspects of the Power Center, Test Data Management, Data Quality, B2B, and Big Data Management Informatica domains.
- Manage deployments of code through the non-production and production/disaster recovery environments.
- Monitoring the stability of all environments including product performance and infrastructure utilization.
- Continued growth as a technical expert in data integration technologies and solutions.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications within and outside of the IT Department, including interactions and knowledge sharing with all levels of staff from executive level management to individual contributors.
- Partner with global application development teams, technologists, and operational support teams positioned in locations around the globe.
- Mentoring and on-boarding junior admins and ensuring training documentation is created and maintained.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support when required on a rotating basis
- Provide incident and problem management support for business groups and operations.
- Provide off-hour release and change implementation support.
- Create and maintain technical documentation including operations run books, user guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Solid experience maintaining, enhancing, configuring, and tuning all Informatica domains.
- Ability to analyze and apply patches, hot fixes, complete upgrades, and Informatica product enhancements.
- Manage all backup, restore, and disaster recovery processes and procedures. This includes understanding how to execute all procedures and meet all related SLA’s and/or RTO’s.
- Provide security administration support with respect to users and privileges within all informatica domains.
- 7 to 10 years of experience with Informatica administration of the power center domain.
- 5 years of experience with Informatica administration of connectors, cloud, proactive monitoring, metadata manager, and Data Quality
- Solid understanding of ETL/Database best practices and leading industry standards.
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and relational databases.
- Knowledge of Hadoop is a plus.
- Experience working with the Agile SDLC methodology.
- Experience implementing automation capabilities and knowledge of DevOps methodologies and best practices.
- Comfortable working with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system.
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, REST, SOAP) for task automation.
- Persistently drive projects to successful completion.
- Ability to manage time and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in stressful situations and meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete objectives without requiring constant managerial oversight.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other team members, peer groups, or business partners.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and understand new technologies at a fast pace.
- Understand how to identify continuous service improvements, implement them, and measure results.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to flex with changing priorities.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology