Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.
The Senior Security Analyst will lead assessing and monitoring the IT organization’s compliance with applicable IT policies, standards, framework, industry best practices and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations. This role will also help coordinate and maintain the organization’s information security program, and assist IT management and staff in implementing IT policy objectives in ways that comply with policy and align with business objectives and strategy.
- Lead and facilitate IT security and compliance controls assessment, testing and documenting IT security control and compliance requirements (e.g., HITRUST, HIPAA, PCI, FISMA/NIST, etc.) and across SOX domains (e.g., logical access, change management, IT operations, and application development)
- Considers legislative mandates relating to information security and general computer controls are met throughout the Company
- Assists in the execution of information security control reviews to evaluate IT processes compliance with published policies and standards
- Prepares summaries and reports findings as needed
- Reviews assessment and test results with appropriate management and provides recommendations
- Monitors corrective action plans and compliance metric reporting
- Acts as an expert liaison between both internal and external stakeholders on key IT security control and IT compliance issues
- Represents the Company's interests on control design and compliance/testing results with external auditors, Internal Audit, other compliance areas, and with both IT and end-user process owners
- Participates in information security policy development in collaboration with business partners and management
- Leads IT security controls assessments of vendors
- Provides training, instruction and guidance to IT workforce members and junior staff members
- Contribute to ensure that the tools used by the team are properly deployed, configured and maintained
- Monitor security regulations and standards applicable to the Company to identify information security risk and mitigation efforts; provide insight to ensure compliance with security related regulatory requirements (HITRUST, HIPAA, FISMA/NIST, PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Provide assistance to other security teams when requested or may perform other duties in special projects as assigned
- Lead in providing guidance during new system design or existing system redesigns to foster awareness of and compliance to appropriate IT and security policy and standards