Senior Maintenance Engineering Resource
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Engineering Resource
Location: Tolleson, AZ
Category: Supply Chain
This role involves the tracking of manufacturing losses through prioritization of maintenance, variation reduction, and increased reliability of manufacturing operations. Successful Process Improvement Engineers have strong mechanical/electrical process skills and a good working knowledge of control, logic and operational principles.
The Process Improvement Engineer is responsible for maintaining & improving manufacturing reliability (TE), production system capability, operational stability, asset utilization, yield reduction, and Engineering/Maintenance operational cost reduction.
The Process Improvement Engineer works closely with Operations & Maintenance to deliver improved results through capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. The Process Improvement Engineer develops solutions to repetitive failures and all situations that adversely affect plant operations
- Provide Weekly, Period, and 'Year to Date' reliability and financial analysis support to the operation, including analysis of results in product and sugar yield, SFG scrap, and material losses.
- Apply reliability expertise to stabilize and improve the operation driving variation and muda down by seeking improvement through capital, procedural, and operational improvements.
- Develop, own, and manage the improvement process for yield & cullage.
- Actively participate in production system problem solving for 'Tough' problems.
- Ensure efforts are integrated and support plant OpEx efforts. The Process Improvement Engineer(s) are responsible to ensure the changes and modifications made are consistent with the AM, PM and other pillar efforts.
- Ensure up-to-date technical knowledge is documented and is readily available to operating teams. This includes items such as reliability block diagrams, loss analyses, improvement plans, equipment / process FMECAs, 'sequence of flow' diagrams, current best practices, trouble-shooting guides, SOPs and OPLs.
- Lead the development of training material relating to muda, operational sequence of operation & the use of controls to regulate the process.
- Manage / support improvement projects where the Process Improvement Engineers can add unique value. Process Improvement Engineer(s) provide project management services for selected projects focused improving the TE / availability / reliability / quality / yield of plant operations. They are, as any project manager, expected to complete projects within scope, at cost and on or before established timing.
- Network with other Plant & Central Resources to rapidly identify, re-apply, and share successes & learnings driving measurable improvement.
- Project representation & providing perspective and feedback on new initiatives affecting processes and equipment systems for which they have ownership.
- Engineering or related technical or Business degree preferred.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- Must have experience with supply chain optimization, streamlining work flows and manufacturing processes across the supply chain utilizing Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma
- Ability to conduct cost analysis and savings studies
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative leadership skills to drive results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113352BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.