Senior Manager, Category Marketing
JobTitle: Senior Manager, Category Marketing
City: SAN BRUNO
The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.
As a Category Marketing Lead, you will lead a team and develop marketing for Baby, one of our high priority consumables categories, for Walmart.com. Specifically, you will work closely with the Retail category management teams to deeply understand their businesses, and then liaise across Marketing, Analytics, Category experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain teams to build and bring category marketing plans to life, to achieve large growth goals. You will act as a “mini-CMO” of your category – owning and creating the plans from top to bottom.
The ideal candidate is a creative, strategic, experienced growth marketer and leader who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
Develop customer-centric marketing plans with strategic vision and attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention and partnership teams to meet business objectives.
Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption and growth.
Launch, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; execute campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); create and manage forecast and budget.
Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design). Collaborate heavily with category teams.
Grow a deep understanding of consumer habits for your category (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
- Develops and manages key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives
- Develops annual plan(s)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages marketing budgets
- Manages the Walmart brand
- Manages the development and execution of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising, advertising, store integration)
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or related field, 5 years experience in marketing or related field OR 8 years experience in marketing or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years experience in online marketing.
- 3 years experience managing cross-functional teams.
- 3 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 5 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, including product marketing and brand management.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.