Senior Manager, Cloud Platform Security
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
Your responsibility will be define and run the day to day activities of the Cloud Platform Security team. It is very
important to note that this is not your typical information security role.
Who You'll Work With
This team covers a broad discipline that binds our overall security posture through development and operations. It works integral and in lock-step with our Engineering organizations - focusing on "enabling" engineering to securely innovate and protecting the business from existing and emerging threats.
Who You Are
You have expertise in partnering with engineering to develop the overall security strategy, policy and procedure. You are the one who can drive the vulnerability management lifecycle, advise on business impact and provide practical risk based security services and solutions. You are able to identify a roadmap for security auditing and testing that meets the engineering/product/market need and can work cross-functionally across the engineering teams to drive educational awareness and training. You will help improve and monitor our security best practices; from SDLC to infrastructure hardening a participate and represent security interests with PM, Compliance and Legal teams. You can develop SIEM process and tools with operational responsibility and enjoy driving awareness on current security thinking within the
Role: Senior Manager, Cloud Security Enablement
Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States or Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cisco Cloud Security is searching for a passionate security leader, to provide Strategic and Tactical leadership to the Cloud Security Enablement team. Cloud Security Enablement team has crucial impact on the overall security posture of combined development and operations teams. CSE teams work is integral and is in lock-step with our Engineering organizations - focusing on “enabling” engineering to securely innovate and protect the business from existing and emerging threats.
● Partner with engineering to develop the overall security strategy, policy and procedure
● Drive the vulnerability management lifecycle, advise on business impact and provide practical risk basedsecurity services and solutions
● Identify a roadmap for security auditing and testing that meets the engineering/product/market need
● Work cross-functionally across the engineering teams to drive educational awareness and training
● Help improve and monitor our security best practices; from SDLC to infrastructure hardening
● Participate and represent security interests with PM, Compliance and Legal teams
● Develop SIEM process and tools with operational responsibility
● Drive awareness on current security thinking within the industry
● Previous management experience in Product Engineering organizations
● Demonstrable experience of working at the executive leadership level
● Experience of driving security related change within a business
● Security related qualifications (CISSP, CEH, OCSP, Security+, CCSP, NIST Cybersecurity Framework or ISO 27001/2)
● Experience of enhancing a cloud specific Secure Development Lifecycle
● Experience of security testing (penetration testing, vulnerability assessment)
● Demonstrated working knowledge and proficiency in networking, unix based operating systems, databases, protocols and the security technologies of each
● Strong and extensive experience working in an agile/lean engineering environment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.