Senior Manager, Consumables Merchandise Finance Planning; Sam's Club
JobTitle: Senior Manager, Consumables Merchandise Finance Planning; Sam's Club
- Creates and executes financial plans for multiple Consumables merchandise categories at Sam’s Club
- Manages the item lifecycle from beginning to end for 200-300 items
- Develops and influences category financial forecasting and profit and loss (P&L) records (for example, sales, profit, stock keeping units (SKUs), inventory)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Executes planning calendars and business planning processes for complex categories
- Designs and interprets category and subcategory financial strategies and makes recommendations to influence strategic decisions and key event plans for merchandise categories
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- 1 year of supervisory experience OR 1 year experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or related field and 1 year experience in finance or related field OR 5 years experience in finance or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience analyzing data and interpreting results.
- 1 year experience using Essbase.
- 1 year experience using intermediate functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (for example, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 1 year retail experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or related financial certification.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, or related field.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.