Senior Manager I, Customer Analytics
JobTitle: Senior Manager I, Customer Analytics
City: SAN BRUNO
Walmart eCommerce has an exciting opportunity to join our Global Customer Insights & Analytics organization. The selected candidate will be an evangelist of advanced analytics to drive key customer acquisition and retention strategies for Walmart eCommerce.
- Develop and implement roadmap to advance customer LTV and segmentation, customer retention marketing strategies, cross-category propensity
- Segment, prioritize and socialize clearly distinctive customer segments based on demographics, purchasing behavior, lifestyle preferences, motivations and attitudinal insights
- Partner with cross functional teams to leverage customer intelligence to drive and optimize online and in-store experiences
- Provide an overall assessment of the organization’s health by defining dashboards that synthesize and clearly communicate customer KPI's and life cycle trends
- Be proficient synthesizing competitive intelligence including Hitwise and Comscore, to survey the landscape and communicate relevant trends, opportunities and risks
- Synthesize primary and secondary market/customer research and seamlessly integrate into working studies
- Support Marketing, Customer experience, Merchandising and Public Relations teams with ad-hoc customer insights needs
We seek a person who is passionate about customer insights, and believes in the power of data-driven insights to drive the business forward. S/he should be able to:
Hands-on technical role - not a people manager initially - Position is high profile, impactful, along with extensive data analysis/research and communication/presentation to C-level Executives to help drive business forward.
- Derive, synthesize and present strategic and actionable insights from complex data mining and analyses
- Manage and develop a team, as well as act as an advocate for initiatives to improve their workflow and engagement
- Communicate critical business and/or customer intelligence risks and opportunities proactively and clearly to senior executives
- Structure and analyze major business and customer questions through a hypotheses-driven approach
- Lead through influence and work cross-functionally to understand key stakeholder needs
- Prioritize multiple analytics requests based on action-ability and business impact
- Partner closely with the Data Warehousing to optimize data integrity, systems and reporting capabilities
- Work comfortably with ambiguity and in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or related field and 3 years of experience in data analytics or related field OR 5 years of experience in data analytics or related field OR Master's degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or related field and 1 year experience in data analytics or related field.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Math, Economics or MBA in Top schools preferred
- 5+ experience in Data and Business Analytics
- Experience and proficiency with R, Big Data Platforms, SPARK
- Proficiency in advanced SQL, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of leveraging data to drive business impact and
- Experience with predictive modeling, segmentation and data dimension reduction tools
- Understanding of various regression techniques, including cluster and factor analyses
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making.
- Strong presentation skills and talent in synthesizing complex information in a non-technical format for broad and C-suite audiences
- Ability to effectively lead and deliver multiple projects concurrently
- Strong business acumen
- Creative problem solver
- Relentlessly curious
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Top Tier Management consulting experience strong preference
- Retail, ecommerce, online channel experience
- Prior management experience
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.