Senior Manager, Mobile Software Engineering
JobTitle: Senior Manager, Mobile Software Engineering
City: SAN BRUNO
@WalmartLabs is looking for a technical leader to guide our iOS and Android engineering teams for one of our leading brands. Our engineering teams are experienced, and passionate about building amazing mobile products, and love working with first class design.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the development and delivery of your team’s apps, while leading the way on culture and craft. You will build relationships with your partners on the Product, Design, and Program teams that depend on you and your team for their success, and you will own communication with executive leadership.
If you have a passion for helping engineering teams reach their full potential, for mentoring junior developers into senior roles, and for growing a maturing development process, then we want to meet you.
In This Role You Will
- Oversee the day-to-day for a highly talented group of software and quality engineers.
- Set priorities and run the process used for the team’s initiatives
- Work across engineering teams to define, measure, and track quality of service
- Partner with product and technical leaders to shape roadmaps that support growing our Mobile business.
- Lead the hiring process for new team members
You’ll be a strong candidate for this role if you have most or all of the following:
- You’ve got 6+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- You have experience successfully leading a high-performing software engineering team.
- You’ve gained a broad knowledge of design patterns, modern best practices, and SDLC practices.
- You have stellar presentation skills and experience influencing cross-functional teams.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.