Senior Manager, Product Development - Beverage Food Services
Job Title: Senior Manager, Product Development - Beverage Food Services
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
- Lead product development projects for carbonated beverages globally from concept to commercialization
- Manage team of product development professionals and provide technical guidance for targeted development initiatives and existing brands
- Influence cross-functional project teams to successfully commercialize and launch new Foodservice beverages (carbonated and non-carbonated) into Pepsi bottling plants, Contract Bottling, Franchise Bottling, and Concentrate Operations
- Develop knowledge of fountain equipment, product application and customer requirements
- Leverage knowledge to develop robust formula designs and development plans
- Ensure completion of development and commercialization success criteria in execution of project work through use of accepted documentation and work processes for application in the Food Service Category
- Provide project management insight that creates the foundation for innovative solutions in support of business objectives
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across R&D and non R&D functions as necessary to support business growth initiatives across multiple business units
- Experience in the beverage industry desirable
- Ability to develop understanding of beverage development and manufacturing processes (e.g. cold fill, tunnel pasteurization and Aseptic technologies)
- Expertise to plan, conduct and coordinate new product development initiatives, including demonstrated capability in prototyping and consumer testing methodologies
- Experience in managing technical challenges and ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Experience managing several complex projects and priorities
- Conducts appropriate project risk assessments and provides recommendations for integrating program strategies
- Managing multiple projects both independently and in a team environment across multiple time zones
- Influencing activities and project plans across technical and operational functions
- Development and motivation of cross functional project team
The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
- Provide thoughtful leadership on both strategic and tactical aspects of projects
- Analyze emerging consumer trends and develop insights on product solutions or opportunities
- Ability to identify technical solutions / Analytical Thinking / Problem solving / Experimental Design
- Communication/Presentation Skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership, team work, initiative and follow through from prototype to full commercial
Education & Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Food Science or related discipline with at least 10 years product design experience in a consumer products company
- A proven track record in product development and interest in hands on bench work
- Proven track record in maintaining good working relationship with business partners (Marketing, Operations, etc.)
- Experience in leading project teams of 5 or more people
Other Job Requirements:
- This position will require flexibility in working hours to set-up and complete focus groups, product expos, pilot plant scale-ups or plant trials that may extend past typical working hours.
- Field Travel will be required (domestic & international). Estimated 30%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116212BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.