Senior Material Handling Engineer
Job Title: Senior Material Handling Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
PepsiCo, a leader in the food and beverage industry, has an opening for an Senior Engineer - Material Handling Equipment to support the tactical execution of Supply Chain Fleet strategy. The candidate must have superb organizational, communication, and analytical skills. Must have sound judgment, strong multitasking abilities and the motivation and drive to help the Fleet Team reach its World Class Fleet goals.
Partner with functional leaders (warehouse and Go-To-Market)/ global procurement, facilitate communication, provide business case in support of equipment strategy and partner with equipment manufactures and peer companies on technology developments to drive productivity, efficiency and emissions reductions.
- Equipment Specifications and Builds - responsible for equipment specifications and new equipment builds to achieve life cycle, cost, safety, and efficiency targets.
- Industry Technical Leadership - partner with suppliers and manufacturers to identify, develop, and implement new technology.
- Support sustainability agenda to comply with regulations, reduce fuel/energy usage, operating cost, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Partner with Warehouse, Global and Sales Operations teams to deliver solutions that improve user efficiency and safety, reliability, and enable sales system growth.
- Become involved in the industry: Peer fleets, professional organizations, gov't and non-government organizations, trade associations, and academia to align with industry and bring outside ideas in.
- Support the asset purchasing process - liaison/partner with PepsiCo Global Procurement and Fleet Capital Manager to ensure vehicles are purchased on time at the right cost, quality, and performance.
- Leadership capability - demonstrated cross-functional leadership and collaboration to solve problems.
- Ability to evaluate & optimize technical solutions for desired financial & business impact.
- Ability to clearly communicate and win support of ideas and plans to all levels of the organization, both written and verbally.
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills and data-based approach to decision making.
- Ability to travel to field locations and suppliers (up to 50%)
- Ability to lead meetings of various sizes with varied constituents and present/speak effectively.
- 5+ years of experience and track record of business results, project management capability, and teamwork.
- Ability to integrate into the PepsiCo Fleet Team and contribute to people and organizational development.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge and familiarity with product development cycles, testing and validation, and manufacturing concepts and practice.
- Knowledge of fleet and automotive industry, technology and operation.
- Understanding and demonstration of PepsiCo values and culture.
Required Education/Professional Experiences:
- 5+ years
- Degree: BS Engineering. MBA or advanced degree a definite plus
- Position based in Plano, TX
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113887BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.