Senior Medical Director, On Demand Care - Las Vegas, NV(Job Number:708277)
Southwest Medical is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SWM offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Senior Medical Director, On Demand Care is responsible for the quality, cost and service levels of health care provided by the urgent care division. This position has direct responsibility for the supervision, direction, management and evaluation of all urgent care practice operations and for planning, implementation and monitoring of activities in direct support of quality improvement, utilization, and quality management, which support, to an optimal level, the provision of exemplary medical service to all urgent care patients. This position is 50% clinical outpatient and 50% administrative.
- Provides leadership and communication for all urgent care physician leaders, physicians and clinical staff
- Responsible for effective interviewing, selection, orientation, development, and retention of urgent care providers
- Partners with medical management staff, to result in clinical process improvement activity and access enhancement
- Ensures effective quality assurance and risk management processes
- Ensures customer satisfaction and compliance with regulatory standards
- Ensures cost effective delivery of health care within the urgent care practice management operations
- Ensures that all NCQA and other accreditation standards are met
- Ensures ongoing professional medical management development programs
- Establish direct relationship with key departments including pharmacy, underwriting, medical adjudication, claims, and provider relations, and assist with issues and/or concerns
Job Clinical Analysis & Consulting
Primary Location US-NV-Las Vegas
Organization OptumCare NV
Number of Openings 1