Senior Oracle Database Administratror
Location:Santa Clara, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
Jasper Cisco is the Internet-of-Things (IoT) cloud platform leader. The Cisco Jasper Platform empowers enterprises and mobile operators of all sizes to deploy successful IoT service businesses on a global scale. More than 1,000 companies, including many of the world’s top brands, have chosen Jasper Cisco to fast-track their connected businesses. Mobile operator groups worldwide, representing over 100 network affiliates, partner with Jasper Cisco.
Jasper Cisco is making the Connected Car a reality for companies like GM, Tesla, Nissan, Ford, VW and others. We power Amazon Kindles and the Sony Playstation Vita. We are driving the Connected Home with Xfinity (Comcast), Vivint, Securitas and more. We are behind many Smart Meter projects, medical devices, connected construction equipment, plus thousands more devices from iPhones to dog trackers, across dozens of industries and six continents.
Jasper Cisco is also a key partner of mobile network operators like AT&T, Telefonica, América Móvil, NTT Docomo, Cricket Wireless, Telenor and others. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and we have a presence in all major countries. Jasper Cisco power IoT businesses around the world.
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast growing IoT, M2M division of Cisco that has a global footprint. We are looking to hire an extremely bright and ambitious Senior Oracle DBA to join our team in Santa Clara,CA
Responsibilities & Priorities for this Position:
- Support all Jasper Cisco data center databases built and operational, including:
- All database systems in the data-center in a 24x7 environment
- Define Oracle database architecture and strategies to meet application availability, scalability and performance requirement.
- Regularly review the health of the databases and ensure it is operating optimally.
- Contribute to improving and creating DBA policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide technical guidance for integration, testing, design and planning for new major, large scale production systems/databases.
- Support SQL Performance tuning and backup and restore activities.
- Troubleshoot all database related problems and resource management.
- Act as escalation point for DBA team members when there are critical problems that requires assistance
Strengths Needed to Be Successful in this Role:
- Experience: Established track record of high availability for mission-critical web-based production database in a 24x7 environment.
- Technical knowledge: Very good experience on larger Oracle production databases on a 24x7 environments with extensive performance tuning experience
- Self-starter: Must be capable of building and running these systems on his/her own, but work well in team environment as well. Demonstrated initiatives which improve service availability.
Profile of Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- Database admin at mission critical web service company with high availability.
- At least 10 years experience with 24x7 Production and development databases.
- Strong experience with Oracle partitioning, Transportable table spaces Proficient in SQL.
- Very strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills is required.
- PL/SQL and shell/perl scripting
- Experience in RAC,Dataguard preferred
- Shareplex experience preferred
- DBA certification preferred
- Strong English speaking, writing and communication skills
If you are a strong Senior Oracle Database Administrator with 10+ years of experience in need of fresh challenges and opportunities, please apply immediately!