Senior Pharmacy Technician - Sacramento, CA(Job Number:700734)
Welcome to one of the toughest and most
fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools,
most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless
opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function perform various duties related
to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Interprets physicians'
prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves
prescription information from computer system, verifies whether order is
reimbursable. Dispenses any or all of the following: unit doses,
specialty pharmaceuticals and injectibles; may compound medications.
Consults with customers, patients and/or physicians regarding use of
medications and potential drug interactions. Consultations may be
telephonic or in person. Reviews and approves/denies requests for
prescription prior authorizations. Pharmacists must have a current
license without restrictions and Pharmacy Technicians must have current
state license or national certification without restrictions based on
regulatory requirements of worksite.
- Enter prescriptions and verifying appropriate information
- Contacting patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Sterile iv compounding; Pull medications/supplies; Refill prescriptions and prepare delivery tickets; Prepare products for delivery; Inventory and equipment management.
- Extensive work experience within own function.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- May act as a resource for others.
- May coordinate others activities.
Job Pharmacy Operations
Primary Location US-CA-Sacramento
Organization OptumRx AxelaCare
Number of Openings 1