Senior Pharmacy Technician - US Telecommute(Job Number:711927)
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the pharmacy prior authorization process. Interprets physician's letters of medical necessity, inputs and retrieves prescription information from computer system. Consults with customers, patients, pharmacists and/or physicians regarding use of medications and formulary alternatives. Reviews and approves/pends requests for prescription authorizations. National Pharmacy Technician Certification required. Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer system, verifies whether order is reimbursable. Dispenses any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals and injectables; may compound medications. Consults with customers, patients and/or physicians regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions. Consultations may be telephonic or in person. Reviews and approves/denies requests for prescription prior authorizations. Pharmacists must have a current license without restrictions and Pharmacy Technicians must have current state license or national certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite.
- Enter prescriptions and verifying appropriate information
- Contacting patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Extensive work experience within own function.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- May act as a resource for others.
- May coordinate others activities.
Job Pharmacy Operations
Primary Location US-TX-Dallas
Other Location US-FL-Tampa, US-CT-Hartford, US-AZ-Phoenix, US-MN-Minneapolis
Organization CCR/Prior Authorization/MCR
Number of Openings 2