Senior Product Manager - Account Identity
JobTitle: Senior Product Manager - Account Identity
City: SAN BRUNO
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!
As a Sr. Product Manager you will play a unique role to drive product vision, define roadmaps, and work closely with key stakeholders to drive and take Walmart’s communication products to next level. You are responsible for bridging business and technology to drive innovation by owning the product lifecycle from concept through launch.
- Lead Login, User Authentication and Account Registration on mobile and web for Walmart.com
- Strong understanding of guest login best practices
- Lead and drive account security and protection features
- Lead and manage session management to improve customer experience
- Design and integrate products for improved password handling and recovery
- Build industry level KPIs around Authentication and drive product improvements.
- Experience driving solutions in social, biometric, 2FA/MFA, and other emerging authentication methods.
- Thought leader and center of excellence driver in authentication and security methodologies
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems and processes are setup to scale for explosive growth
- Partner with key stakeholders to define requirements, drive adoption, lead user acceptance testing, and address business and system issues
- Work with rock star engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights
- Communicate the benefits and champion the system throughout the organization
- 5+ years product management experience
- Experience in e-commerce and web-oriented technology products
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Metrics driven, can draw insights from large data sets to iterate over product quickly
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong experience in designing user experience for customer facing products and building mocks for product ideas
- Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with building and defining authentication and user login heavy products
- BS Computer Science and/or MBA degree or advanced technical degree
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.