Senior Product Manager, Apparel
JobTitle: Senior Product Manager, Apparel
City: SAN BRUNO
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!
Walmart eCommerce is looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Customer Experience Team! In this role you will leverage insights from customers and the merchandising team, study industry dynamics and enable seamless and delightful customer experiences for vertical businesses such as apparel, shoes and other categories.
This is a highly impactful role in which you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with Merchandising, Product Managers, Design and Engineering teams. Your overall success will depend upon your ability to empathize with the customer, assist her through the shopping journey, quickly iterate, test and measure success against key KPIs. You are a passionate shopper with a keen sense of aesthetics and/or a fanatic about specialized shopping experiences for verticals that you care deeply about!
The ideal candidate has prior experience with product management, especially on launching stellar front-end customer experiences on the web/mobile app. She/he is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. She/he is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for the product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of the software development cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products
The role will include:
- Develop and champion a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify
new product opportunities and enhancements.
- Work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
- Present and clearly articulate product strategy to company leadership.
- Own the product discovery process.
- Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability
and feasibility of product features.
- Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents.
- Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
- Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
- Define, track and improve key product metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
- Product Management experience in a fast-paced agile environment at a consumer facing mobile/web company (experience in a vertical e-commerce area e.g. fashion, shoes, home and garden, electronics strongly preferred). Or you are an avid shopper yourself, passionate about delightful customer experiences
- Proven experience shipping consumer based web/app products with outstanding front-end design
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Able to collaborate with business partners and development team members and influence decisions at all levels of the organization
- Able to look at the big picture as well able to wade into the details and dive into analytics
- Highly adaptive, self-directed and operates with urgency, focus and discipline.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.