Senior Product Manager, Payments
JobTitle: Senior Product Manager, Payments
City: SAN BRUNO
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
The Customer Promise team is building Walmart’s next gen supply chain to ensure that online customers receive their products when and where they want them. When our unmatched assets in retail are combined with our commitment to building best-in-class e-commerce capabilities, we’re positioned to serve customers in ways no one else can. We are a highly motivated group of big data geeks, data scientists, and application engineers that work together to fulfill hundreds of millions of orders and ensure that customers are delighted.
- Ecommerce is one of the #1 priorities of Walmart and the goal is to create an A-team of Product Managers who will take this company into the future. The Customer Experience team at Walmart Labs is looking for a Senior Product Manager, focused on Payments. This role requires a customer champion focused on identifying and driving projects to help make the payment process as quick, seamless and easy as possible for the customer. It also requires someone with a strong sense of product ownership and drive, coupled with a strong passion for technology and innovation. You will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the org and it needs someone with impressive leadership, operational, technical and marketing skills.
The ideal candidate has prior experience with product management and data analytics across eCommerce and Payment domains. He/she is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. He/she is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for his/her product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of agile methodologies is essential to the successful development of requirements and products.
This Product Manager role will include:
- Developing and championing a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Using customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
- Working with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
- Presenting and clearly articulating product strategy to company leadership.
- Researching competition and third party vendors to understand the market dynamics
- Prioritizing, designing and implementing projects and enhancements
- Leveraging data to make more informed product decisions.
Product Discovery and Definition.
- Own the product discovery process.
- Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
- Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product requirements while following agile methodology.
- Manage partner relationships, identify necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluate and select vendors, negotiate agreements and contracts, and manage partnership integration
- Manage third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features
Product Implementation, Deployment and Support
- Engage with engineering and project management during implementation; quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
- Work closely with Marketing, the Business and AB testing teams to launch products and ensure their adoption.
- Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
- Define, track and improve key product metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 7 years of experience in product management
- Prior experience in the field of Payments, preferably in the ecommerce space
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.