Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Cisco Spark
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Additional Location(s)Denver, Seattle, Raleigh/Durham
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
What You'll Do? The Cloud Collaboration Platform team is primarily responsible for the wide variety of services required to support multiple Cloud collaboration application micro-services in a DevOps model. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will "go deep" on one or more platform services used by dependent micro-services, working closely with the associated application engineering team on production readiness. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into availability and performance of our services
- Create and deliver automation software required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our Cloud collaboration micro-services using Python and Go language.
- Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to pro-actively detect and prevent their re-occurrences along with driving down time to resolution
- Share in the creation of new designs and architectures for multi-region, multi-data center distributed systems
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
- Partake in the periodic on-call duties for provided services
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 3-5 years of experience including experience with open source technologies, automated configuration, DevOps, or cloud automation development
- Experience in one or more languages of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Docker, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Consul, Nginx, HAProxy, and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- "Cloud" (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CFEngine desirable
Apply on the Company Site