Senior Software Engineer, Android
JobTitle: Senior Software Engineer, Android
City: SAN BRUNO
With more than 600 Sam’s Club locations, we offer over 47 million customers more of what they love for less. Our web-based platform is a big part of that growth. The SamsClub.com team is focused on creating the in-club experience online. That is a big job! We’re solution seekers and innovators inspired by a commitment to provide small businesses and members increased access and greater value. The work is challenging and incredibly rewarding.
You will work with a highly skilled team to build software that will be used by tens of millions of people. This position will be joining a team of experienced Android engineers in building one of our products. You will use your skills to build apps from the View to the Networking layer. If you are an expert in one, but lacking in another, you will have the opportunity to work with very talented engineers who can help you learn.
We take great pride in our entrepreneurial culture and the strength of our engineering team. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you about joining our team.
You have the opportunity to be a key member of the Core Mobile Android Team and work with counterparts that believe strongly in the value of product innovation along with user experience in creating great products.
@WalmartLabs Core Mobile, we are building the Android platform for the largest retailer on Earth, and that sort of scale and exposure is very interesting to you. Our products that generated over hundreds of million in revenue in 2015, and we have barely scratched the surface.
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 5 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
- Published app in Google Play
- Demonstrable JS experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- If you have a Github account that shows off your work that is a plus.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.