Senior Software Engineer/Data Scientist
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Talos, a part the Security Business Group within Cisco, seeks a Senior Software Engineer the security data intelligence team, responsible for the efficacy of our core technologies.
Talos is the industry-leading threat intelligence organization, dedicated to protecting customers and the public from cybersecurity threats. We strive to stay one step ahead of cyber criminals by anticipating and pre-emptively shutting down avenues of attack. We detect and correlate threats with expertise spanning web requests, emails, malware samples, open source data sets, endpoint intelligence, and network intrusions.
At Cisco, we are passionate about securely integrating our digital and physical lives. If you are a seasoned programmer and have a passion for quick, incremental implementation of high quality software, particularly in the field of cybersecurity, we encourage you to apply. Seasoned programmers, interested in sharpening their data science and/or security skills are welcome.
- Lead team’s efforts in automation, resilience, code quality and maintainability.
- Productize and automate machine learning, model tuning and deployment.
- Develop and Maintain Web Portals for Data Sharing and Visualization.
- Implement automated tools for model tuning and data evaluation.
- Invent methods to detect threats such as phishing, DGA’s and malware.
- Contribute to team discussions and decisions.
- Motivate and drive others to achieve collective goals.
- Work in a dynamic and small environment with opportunities to collaborate with other Cisco teams, including Product Management, Customer Support and Development.
- 5-7 years of experience in development of resilient systems on Linux/Unix platform.
- A BS/BA, Masters or PhD in a highly technical field (CS/CE ideal).
- Seasoned programmer in Python, or another mainstream language, like Java.
- Experience in NodeJS/Django or another web development platform is desirable.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in data analysis.
- Motivation and ability to quickly deploy prototypes and write code.
- Experience with developing analytics and machine learning systems on Linux/Unix.
- Experience with schema design, queries and optimization for SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Passionate about internet security. Energetic and articulate.
- Self-motivated and a good team player.
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with regular expressions and ETL.
- Foosball skills …
- Leadership, expertise and motivation for quick and efficient coding and scripting
- Knowledge of open source tools in Linux/Unix environment.
- Understanding of the statistics behind artificial intelligence.
- Experience with end to end data science, including ETL, databases and visualization.
- Cyber security experience