Senior Software Engineer
JobTitle: Senior Software Engineer
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
Good coding skills in Java, Python or C++
Good understanding of open source technologies such as Cassandra, HBase, Couchbase
Good written and verbal communication skills.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Own business service and work with business to identify the requirements.
- Work with architect to come up with design.
- Define API contract, document and communicate.
- Design, develop, test using Agile practices.
- Provide post production support.
- Attend Agile Scrum meetings and provide status/progress of the task.
- Design Services components.
- Work closely with Architects on documenting status/progress of the task Design Services components.
- Write code in Java/J2EE/Spring.
- Test applications using unit testing, functional testing, integration testing.
- Deploy to production as part of release process.
- Provide post production support.
- Participate in Iteration planning, design reviews, code reviews.
Senior Software Engineer- Back End
MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 2+ years of experience building scalable e-Commerce applications or mobile software; OR BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 4+ years of experience building scalable e-Commerce applications or mobile software.
- Must have experience with J2EE (the entire enterprise environment including Spring, JMS).
- Thorough knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture/Design, experience implementing Web Services.
- Strong knowledge in data structures, Relational DB like Oracle, Spring MVC and strong Java knowledge.
- Experience in leading a solution from inception to production.
- Strong debugging, profiling, and system performance knowledge.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
*Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services, etc.
- 2 years experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- 1 year experience developing with web/app containers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss etc.
- 2 years experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.