Senior TAC Engineer - Routing & Switching
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestProfessional Services
What You'll Do
- In this exciting customer-facing role, you will foster strong working partnerships with members of the Cisco Services Delivery team, key customer stakeholders, Cisco Account/Sales team and the broader services organization, and act as the primary technical support person for incident management of critical issues at the network level.
- You will be responsible for providing advanced network level services related to reactive issues to Cisco TSA accounts. You will also focus on diagnostics, root cause analysis, as well as, recommendations for preventative measures with the goal to result in a more efficient, reliable customer network.
· The High Touch Engineer (HTE) role provides in-depth reactive/troubleshooting expertise in Routing Protocols and LAN switching technologies to large SP and Enterprise customers.
· Provide Network Problem Resolution, Root-Cause Analysis, IOS Software Referral assistance as per contracted agreement with named customer.
· Troubleshoot issues related to Routing (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), Multicast, QoS, etc on ASR9K, GSR, 7600 platforms, CRS and Lan Switching specific to 7600 & 6500, Nexus 7000 platforms.
· Receives minimal supervision, no instruction on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments.
· Typically reports to Manager, Technical Support in FTS.
· Interfaces with all levels of CSEs, NCEs, SEs, Cisco Business Unit and internal engineering departments, and escalation resources.
· Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
· Provides systems/product training to internal stakeholders and customers.
· Provides guidance, mentoring & leadership to new hires and less experienced engineers.
· Provides support on a worldwide basis.
· Connects with customers and partners across functions and boundaries to achieve significant results.
· Earns the confidence of customers and is able to use the confidence to achieve results.
· Solves extremely complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation as well as evaluation of intangible variables.
· Is a technical expert in a broad area covering multiple technologies? Applies expected product behavior across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry.
· Collaborates with Engineering on complex product and software issues, driving resolution of software defects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances. Key involvement in CA and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues. Leads team collaboration extending beyond work group.
Who'll You'll Work With
The Global Enterprise Service Delivery Team is focused on helping driving new opportunities for Cisco and it is transforming our clients' businesses worldwide. Today, we are building high performing teams that are tightly engaged with our clients, understand their business imperatives and can orchestrate the execution of our services to meet our clients business needs. As a team, we will collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place to Work.
Who You Are
Do you have a Service Excellence Attitude to ensure customer success? Are you able to collaborate across Cisco and work with our customers to achieve your goals? Do you have the passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment to be successful in this position?
If so, our minimum requirements for this role are:
- At least 5 years of experience troubleshooting Routing/Switching issues across Cisco platforms running IOS, IO-XR and NX.
- Minimum 8 years of overall networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks.
- Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Strong Layer 3 and 2 knowledge as this position will primarily focus on supporting Cisco's Routing & Switching platforms.
- Knowledge of system architecture on ASR9K, 7600, 6500, Nexus 7000, and the ability to independently troubleshoot complex routing, switching and forwarding issues.
- Strong documentation skills to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and Trainings.
- Very strong Problem Solving skills. Ability to drive recreates remotely
- Proven crisis management skills, and the ability to excel under pressure.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer interaction, written and verbal communication, and assertive leadership.
- CCIE strongly preferred
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.*LI-APJ-BB1