Senior Test Engineering Manager
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
Working in this group, you will have the opportunity to Architect, Design, Develop and Test, some of the world's largest Service Provider Routers, that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms. You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry - where you will find that work is both fun and challenging.
Who You'll Work With
The Routing and Optical Software Group within the Core Software Group, has the charter for all Software Development functions across all Service Provider Routing and Optical platforms. The hiring team has one of the largest charters - completely owning the many high density core routing platforms.
Who You Are
* Senior member of Testing team, for projects on Cisco's Next-Gen Routing platforms
* Candidate should be able to innovate, architect, design and deliver product-level test strategies and automation for the NCS6K, ASR9K and CRS family of routers. You will be responsible for one or more platforms from a test standpoint.
BE/ B.Tech/ME/ M. Tech with 8 to 15 yrs of hands on experience in testing of networking products.
o Hands on experience with testing of HW for distributed routing platforms and infra running virtualized OS and applications such as nonstop forwarding, stateful switchover, supervisor card, line card and chassis management, in service software upgrade (ISSU), pluggable optics.
o Strong concepts and experience in L2, L3 and MPLS Protocols and forwarding infrastructure.
o Working experience with forwarding/Fabric ASICs of Cisco or other networking vendors.
o Working experience in automation of Python based library and test cases.
o Concepts of Virtualization technologies such as SDN, NFV, etc
Other desired skills:
* Cisco Networking certificates such as CCIE, CCNP, etc.
* Extensive automation in Python, Any honors or Certifications in python.
* Skills to work in highly collaborative, inclusive and agile teams in partnership with cross-functional teams such as Development, Hardware, Marketing, Customer Teams, etc.
* Ability to debug complicated system-level issues, reproduction and debugging of customer issues, handling of field queries and treating customer need as top priority in everything we do.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.