Senior Writer / Editor - Eden Prairie, MN(Job Number:699941)
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function write and edit material for various organization publications, including but not limited to internal communications, speeches, press releases, and on-line content.
- Write and edit a wide range of pieces, printed, electronic, scripting, Web and more, delivering clear, easy-to-understand, consumer-oriented copy that makes the reader feel like the piece is from a well-informed friend, while capturing warmth that has a certain level of informality. Maintaining an undertone of professionalism is key to credibility.
- Understand Optum's various products and services, including what they mean to the people who use them. This is critical in writing copy that answers the questions, What's in it for me when I use it. It's also critical to accuracy to minimize legal risk.
- Understand the Optum audience demographics, types of customers and other elements that ultimately need to be reflected in how you speak to consumers.
- Implement various reading levels and check the levels with each draft. Most materials should be between 7th and 8th grade levels. When creating materials, strive to convey meaningful information and use a style that respects the reader.
- Use a variety of style and branding guides effectively, including AP, Optum, UHC and customer branding. This often means moving between brands as you go from one project to the next.
- Use top-notch time management techniques to help you juggle the many deadlines and projects that may be in various phases.
- Work as independently as possible and be a critical thinker that is, when you bring questions and problems to your manager, offer possible solutions. Better yet, just keep her informed about how you intend to handle an issue. Stretch those emerging leadership muscles.
- Seek and use resources within or outside the company for your continuing development.
- Stay informed about health issues and overall trends in health care.
- Follow company policies and procedures, particularly in relation to legalities and compliance.
Primary Location US-MN-Eden Prairie
Organization Integrated Marketing
Number of Openings 1