Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
Cisco Collaboration is undergoing a business transformation from selling a portfolio of video conference products to a single collaboration service. We need ambitious service designers to ensure this massive effort results in a seamless, elegant and powerful experience for end-users.
What You'll Do
- Use your savviness and people skills to find and coordinate customer visits
- Take Cisco designers and developers out into the field to talk to IT admins, heads of HR, knowledge workers, teachers, doctors, public service workers, and the like about their collaboration needs
- Synthesize what you hear from customers with workplace trends and your own genius into a coherent story of design-actionable insights
- Argue convincingly the user needs / jobs / problems the organization should prioritize
- Map existing service customer journeys that extend beyond the domain of product user experience: For instance, how does a small business owner get started with Cisco video? How does a large company admin order a replacement camera? How does an HR coach new employees on how to use the collaboration toolkit? How might someone buy a video system online? If a company wanted to connect their building lights to their video systems, how should that work?
- Plan and facilitate workshops that bring people from different Cisco departments together to see a complete end-to-end service
- Use your coaching talent to influence and coordinate cross functional groups to work together
- Use your diagramming and drawing skills to communicate with clarity how new services should work, both from a user’s point of view (storyboards) and from a development point of view (blueprints, service architecture)
- Break those new service designs into actionable roadmaps and development backl
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a team responsible for developing new products and services for our collaboration solutions. We have industrial designers, interaction designers, visual designers, and service designers all under one roof. The full development team is always striving to reach the level of perfection you only get when the whole ecosystem of hardware and software is designed together.
Who You Are
The person we are looking for is a "fuzzy front-ender” with design research field experience and service design skills. You have a genuine curiosity about people and are a good listener— you’re happier out in the field talking to customers than sitting at your desk with headphones on. You’re comfortable standing in front of people and telling an inspiring story or running a high-energy workshop. You evaluate designs by their acceptance by users, not by their adherence to academic principles. You write well. You do not shy away from technology discussions and enjoy the nitty gritty problem solving in execution. And you’re willing to see things through, follow-up on implementation, and don’t give up easily.
- Master level education of interaction design, service design or similar education. Alternatively, a degree in a human behavior related field (ethnography, psychology, anthropology) and an outstanding track record of applying research to design work.2+ years of relevant professional work following a user-centered design process.
- Knowledge and professional experience using service design methods: customer journeys, lifecycle, ideal journeys, cross-functional workshops, blueprints
- Real field experience with a broad toolkit of qualitative design research methods
- Interaction design skillset and “tech talk” for communication with SW design teams
- Must be able to conduct usability studies from start to finish
- Fluency with standard design tools (Keynote, illustrator, Sketch, and Invision are our bread and butter)
- Analytics and quantitative research experience (market surveys, A/B tests, statistics, NPS) would be a big plus
- Ability to think, write, and talk with clarity and confidence
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars,and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation.
We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.