The Distance Learning Trainer will effectively deliver distance learning curriculum and evaluate the delivery for learning transfer. Distance Learning Trainers will coordinate the registrations of all learners attending the training class, display Home Depot’s values with the engaging delivery of online training, create and monitor best practices in the delivery of online content. In addition, Distance Learning Trainers will ensure student success by providing direction and support as a new hire advocate and collaborate with the field management team to ensure compliance and adherence to the online training curriculum and learning paths.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 70% - Manages and delivers learning curriculum via distance learning in an engaging manner following adult learning theory practices
- 10% - Assists in the development of work plans, curriculum maps, and deployment plans
- 10% - Coordinates with internal and external subject matter experts to obtain required job and task information
- 5% - Translates business requirements into learning and skill set requirements
- 5% - Reviews, annotates and deploys training records to the appropriate field management
Position reports to Manager, Distance Learning
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion Bachelor's Degree.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- 2-4 years’ experience in Learning field
- Strong computer skills with experience in or ability to learn distance learning software is required.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and strategies
- Strong facilitation skills in a group setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish rapport
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities and deliverables while meeting deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.