Recruiters manage the recruitment efforts for assigned areas of The Home Depot Enterprise. Their role is to implement recruitment programs, as well as provide the support, knowledge and tools needed for successful job placement. The Recruiter is also responsible for executing the internal talent acquisition process. Our people are our most valuable asset and as such, this position has responsibility for ensuring that internal candidates are treated fairly and have open communication with all candidates so they are informed as to where they stand in the process. In addition, it is also the responsibility of Recruiters to facilitate new recruitment initiatives and complete special projects as assigned. Communicating with others, building relationships and planning projects are critical skills for successful performance in this position. The Recruiter will also assist on high volume talent acquisition initiatives and will be responsible for telephone screening, resume mining and following up with pipeline candidates.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Contact clients to build relationships and plan recruitment events; educate, consult and manage clients through established processes and procedures.
- Ensure The Home Depot incorporates diversity recruiting into each recruitment strategy.
- Monitor new hire process by screening and interviewing potential candidates, negotiating applicant offers and making applicant offers, when necessary.
- Maintain relationships with candidates after acceptance until start date. Ensure all metrics related to recruitment are current and accurate. Positively contribute to ensure a high-performing work team.
- Managing through internal reorganizations and providing guidance on how to execute the process. Coordinate assessments, interview days and assist in all capacities related to the staffing and selection of impacted internal positions.
- Ensure consistency, efficiency and compliance with federal, state and local laws, and company policies. Ensure all TA activities are compliant with the established sourcing, recruiting, and selection procedures including maintaining appropriate record keeping.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to the Manager Talent Acquisition
- No direct responsibility for supervising others but will assist in coordination of activities of Staffing Coordinators
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- An Associate's degree (two-year program) or equivalent formal training program.
- Relevant experience/ knowledge in assigned area of recruitment, when necessary.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelors degree in HR or related area
- 3 years Staffing Agency / Corporate Recruiting experience
- Experience in high volume recruiting required
- Experience in innovative sourcing techniques
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong planning and organizing skills: able to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills : create open channels of communication and adapt messages/ information to fit the audience
- Excellent building relationships skills: able to establish trust and credibility with people over time; establish rapport with people; create smooth working relationships with people inside and outside the organization
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations, equal opportunity laws and other applicable federal and state regulations including, but not limited to EEO and OFCCP.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.