Shopper Marketing Manager
Job Title: Shopper Marketing Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Category: Marketing / Communications
The Demand Xcelerator is an extension of the PepsiCo sales team that will enable the sales organization by creating and executing world class shopper and category solutions that act as a growth multiplier for PepsiCo and its' Retail Partners. The Demand Xcelerator offers a unique opportunity help shape the future of Shopper Marketing at PepsiCo among its best retail partners.
This role will lead programming on fast growing PEP beverage brand and commercializing of programs in for a spectrum of channels (7Eleven, Target, Circle K & Drug). This role leads the work to drive PepsiCo growth by improving the shopper experience, engaging and converting the shopper by:
- Translating insights and developing integrated programs, including media-to-shelf, portfolio and customer programs to engage and convert the shopper
- Developing retailer customer overlays and integrating equity and customer strategy to deliver best in class shopper programming
- Develops and executes Gatorade and Propel marketing programs, including the launch of a year-long equity campaign to drive excitement around Gatorade and Propel innovation in-store or bringing to life custom opportunities designed to build Gatorade and Propel portfolio within a specific Enterprise retail partner
- Leads agency development of key program creative and conduct quarterly communication reviews with director and senior director to align on strategy
- Understands the retailers' Problems to Solve (PTS) as well as key brand and shopper PTS in order to build strategic programs that deliver a win/win/win for PepsiCo Brand, Shoppers and Retailers
- Manages all aspects of program development, incorporating innovative ways to activate at retail and program implementation ensuring adherence to deadlines, as well as following appropriate governance processes to ensure approval and alignment for all aspects of activation
- Keeps apprised of brand insights, retail industries and consumer trends and uses expertise to educate Marketing and Sales teams and the channel customers
- Develops strategies and tactics that help deliver successful launches of innovation grounded in brand, consumer, shopper and retailer insights
- Establishes clear accountability for funding of each event
- Promotes superior execution at customer by fully supporting strategy development and program or innovation sell-in with strategic customers and execution partners
- Assists with key strategy decks including the annual business planning process
- Collaborates with purchasing to determine appropriate configurations and costs for POS based on creative/budgetary guardrails and ensures ordering communication disseminates to field in timely manner
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree
- Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- A minimum of 5 years prior Marketing experience (if Undergrad degree only) OR 2 years of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced degree)
- Preferred: Prior Marketing experience within consumer packaged goods
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience leveraging consumer insights to develop effective marketing programs and campaigns
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrixed environment.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115799BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.