Shopper Marketing Senior Manager
Job Title: Shopper Marketing Senior Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Category: Marketing / Communications
Does the status quo bore you? Do you defy convention? Are you excited by life's possibilities? If so, you are the perfect candidate to help fuel our consumer's passion for what's next. Whether it's partnering with Taco Bell to create Doritos Locos Tacos, designing the next gaming platform for Dew or Doritos, or creating the next best flavor for Lay's or Brisk, we need talented marketers like you to join our family!
We believe our marketers should have diverse experiences, not only prior to joining but also while they are working here. That is why we offer a best-in-class developmental program where all of our marketers rotate to learn all aspects of our diverse businesses and brands. Roles range from regional and global Brand Management, Innovation, and Insights to Customer Marketing and Sports Marketing. Each experience sheds light into different consumer and/or customer needs, promotional levers and even joint-venture business models!
PepsiCo is looking for a creative, results-oriented Senior Manager, Shopper Marketing who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative marketing environment to lead the strategic development and execution of account-specific marketing plans/partnership programming to drive PepsiCo volume, sales and brand equity with our customers. This experience will develop and showcase the ability to strategically evaluate business opportunities, develop deep consumer empathy to address consumer-based opportunities, and bring them to market to positively impact brand equity, business sales and profitability. This role will hone skills in building strong team dynamics, dealing with ambiguity, influencing up to the highest levels of the organization, and driving for results.
- Develop differentiated shopper marketing programming grounded in brand, consumer, shopper and retailer insights
- Work with agency partners and Brand Teams to develop and execute promotional and customer specific merchandising programs to deliver breakthrough creative that builds brand equity at retail and drives beverage category results
- Align customer and internal Brand Teams on customer relevant programs & strategies
- Fully support Shopper Marketing strategy development and program sell-in with customer and retail execution partners
- Promote/develop new ways to activate at retail, including communication and coordination with Field Marketing team
- Develop strong working relationships with internal PepsiCo teams as well as external customer teams, including sales, marketing, insights, innovation and operations
- Provide rigorous analysis of marketing plan results and recommendations for future programming
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree
- Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- A minimum of 8 years prior Marketing experience (if Undergrad degree only) OR 5 years of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced degree)
- Prior Customer management/Account management experience
- Creative agency management experience, and expertise developing and executing promotions is required
- Prior experience leveraging consumer insights to develop effective marketing programs and campaigns
- Preferred: Prior Marketing experience within consumer packaged goods
- Strong team leadership and talent development skills
- Must demonstrate professional maturity - ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders
- Strong Collaboration and Project Management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114479BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.