Social Worker Field Care Coordinator - covering Greene / Cedar and Adair / Marion Counties - MO(Job Number:698685)
In your field, learning never stops. And neither do you. You are continually pushing yourself to reach higher and go further. To do everything you can to ensure a positive outcome for our patients. Staying on top of your game and persevering in the face of challenge will be a big part of your success. And at every turn, you'll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join us in this role and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients, while doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will work in the field and coordinate care on behalf of patients who are receiving long-term care, along with home and community services. Your experience with hospital and long-term care facilities will be essential in relaying the pertinent information about the patient needs and advocating for the best possible care available. At times, your patience may be challenged. But in the end, your confidence, decisiveness and perseverance will help you positively impact our patient lives, and ensure more positive outcomes for all.
What makes your clinical career greater with Optum? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Foster Care Service Coordinators are responsible for coordinating and managing medical and behavioral health services delivered to youth who are in foster care. The service coordinators have experience working within the foster care system and also have knowledge of services utilized by foster care youth, especially behavioral health services. The service coordinators serve as the primary point of contact for the youth, their family, the state child welfare contractor, foster parents or group home placements and network providers.
In this role, you will work in the field and coordinate care for youth who are in foster care.
** This role is responsible for 25% travel within your assigned region.**
**We have one position that will cover population in Greene and Cedar Counties and one position that will cover Adair and Marion Counties**
- Providing care coordination and serving as single point of contact for members, family, state foster care contractor and foster care placement
- Develop a plan of care in collaboration with the youth, family, state foster care contractor and foster care placement to address member needs
- Work collaboratively with service providers, families, state child welfare contractor and child placing agencies to identify and access resources to meet the needs of members and support foster care placements
- Document all member assessments, care plan and referrals provided
- Work with network providers to ensure timely access to services following discharge from hospitalization or residential treatment
- Provide outreach and coaching to members, families and foster care placement to encourage and promote treatment and service adherence
- Work with the member, family, state foster care contractor and foster care placement to identify and address gaps in services
- Respond promptly to emerging issues that impact services to the youth
- Provide education to members, families and foster care placements regarding relevant medical and behavioral topics
- Seek consultation and support from other members of core and extended care team as needed
- Participate in Interdisciplinary team meetings and Utilization Management rounds and provide information to assist with safe transitions of care
- Understand insurance products, benefits, coverage limitations, insurance and governmental regulations as it applies to the health plan
- Accountable to understand role and how it affects utilization management benchmarks and quality outcomes
Job Clinical & Medical Management
Primary Location US-MO-Springfield
Other Location US-MO-Jefferson City, US-MO-Kirksville, US-MO-Hannibal
Organization C&S Exec HP Operations
Number of Openings 2