Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most
respected health care management companies, operating through its
subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and
ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now
have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to
build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets
and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and
effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive
management style and a service philosophy based on integrity,
competence and compassion.
The Psychiatric Institute of
Washington provides comprehensive behavioral healthcare for children,
adolescents, adults and senior adults suffering from mental health
and addictive illnesses. We are a 124-bed, short-term, acute care
hospital offering inpatient, partial and intensive outpatient
hospitalization, as well as specialized treatment programs for
chemical dependency. Founded in 1967, PIW combines the rich
traditions of its past with the behavioral health options of the
present. We have an excellent reputation as an innovative hospital
with caring, dedicated staff, experienced in the delivery of
behavioral healthcare. We currently have a position available
for DC Licensed Social Workers to cover 2 weekends per
month and conduct groups daily. ***
ALSO HIRING FOR PRN LICENSED SOCIAL WORKERS***
Candidates selected will be responsible for the following:
- Completes psychosocial assessments within 72 hours of
patient’s arrival on the unit and records the meeting in the
- Completes a psychosocial assessment, which includes
identification of psychosocial factors with high-risk potential,
social, financial, and legal considerations, and a conclusion
regarding the identified problems.
- Documents (within 24 hours) progress notes for individual
sessions with patients which indicate date and length of session
summary of content and degree of resolution, and discussion of
treatment and discharge/disposition issues.
- Develops and conducts groups (in conjunction with other
treatment team members) as determined by identified patient
- Documents group member participation in chart notes in an
accurate and objective manner and completes billing sheets.
- Assists in coordinating admissions, discharges, and transfers
of all assigned patients.
- Documents discharge planning needs and updated information on
the psychosocial assessment, master treatment plan, and each
treatment plan update.
- Monitors insurance requirements and keeps utilization
reviewer and other treatment team members current with
patient’s progress, family meetings, and other case
- Documents clearly any requests for extensions in length of
stay due to lack of proper placement or adequate discharge planning
and/or clinical regression.
- Performs case management functions as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in multidisciplinary
treatment planning meetings and ensures that conclusions drawn from
psychosocial assessment are incorporated into the patient’s
- Informs other staff members in a timely manner of new
developments in a given case.
- Supervises social work students if assigned by director of
- Coordinates the scheduling of clinical activity with that of
other staff to minimize scheduling conflicts.
- Participates as needed in hospital-wide marketing activities.
- Assists in guest relations including sharing responsibility
for the appearance of the unit.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude during internal and
external communication and interactions with all staff, patients,
family members, guests, community, and referral sources.
- Performs other job duties as assigned and discussed with