Job Code: 386978
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
Prudential Individual Life Insurance is looking for a Solution Architect who can set strategic direction of the Experimental Lab team to build business solutions aligned with the enterprise Partnership and Digital strategy. The ideal candidate should be an expert in AWS cloud with knowledge of AWS services/Microservices on Analytics, Compute, Storage and Application Services Management Tools.
You will participate in generating innovative ideas, technical recommendations and business planning at the Enterprise level and develop Solution Architecture for the implementation of these ideas in collaborating with the Innovation and Architecture teams. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
We are transforming the life insurance business by building a startup culture in a company that is touching 20 Million lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25 year old, to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care about how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
You will typically work in small, nimble Experimental Lab team that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a team member, you will explore new technical solutions to implement innovative ideas, have a passion to learn emerging technologies, and stay ready to adapt to changing design frameworks and design principles. We are looking for someone who brings high energy, talent and expertise, hungry to keep learning, and has some fun at work.
- Collaborate with innovation, marketing, technology and architecture teams to drive outcomes with focus on migration to AWS
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment as a good team player
- Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration as well as application development and promote best practices in these areas
- Lead technical design activities, and ensures all technical hurdles are resolved to deliver high quality product roadmap
- Perform design responsibilities including determining the best patterns to use for each integration scenario in order to gain the best performance, reusability, governance and maintainability
- Conduct code reviews for the implementation of new ideas
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate the needs of the offshore team
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of development experience with Python, C or Java (J2EE)
- Hands on experience in developing n-tier web applications, SOA platform, MicroServices, Messaging / event driven systems
- Must have working experience with Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, PIG, Flume, Scoop, Spark Streaming
- Strong integration background required - integrating multiple systems together including mapping and transformation of data
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technologies or approaches
- Ability to deliver low to high fidelity prototypes and end to end solutions, using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Must have experience with enterprise scalable applications in Amazon Web Services cloud, along with a good understanding of AWS tools
- Experience in developing enterprise grade monitoring platforms using Splunk and New Relic
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop and analytical tools like Tableau
- Experience with No SQL Databases - Dynamo DB and Mongo DB
- Familiar with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways
- Understanding of Agile SDLC methodologies is preferred
- Remains positive, direct, data-driven, constructive and vocally self-critical
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Architecture