Software Automation Engineer - IOT Network Management
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Title: SOFTWARE ENGINEER.III. SOFTWARE
Location: San Jose, CA
Cisco seeks a Software Test and Automation Engineer for the CSG IOT Network Management Group
Who You'll Work With:
Cisco's Internet of Things Group (IoT) builds intelligent networking products and platforms for many different IoT applications and has a highly scalable and feature rich Network Management Application to manage these IoT Devices. We are seeking a highly motivated Network Test Engineer for the Network Management Test Group who will be responsible for testing the networking and management functions of various IoT devices via the Network Management Application. IoT’s charter, as part of Cisco's broader Internet of Things initiative, is to develop industrial switching, routing, wireless (RF900 MHz,WiFi, 3G and 4G LTE), embedded and security products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks.
Who You Are:
You are strong in Routing, Switching, Network Management and Automation experience to participate on a team of engineers involved in software testing of Network Engineering Products and Software. You are an experienced professional with a strong focus on software engineering methodologies and processes with expertise in test planning, design, implementation, execution, automation, and regression. You can contribute to the design of the test and automation strategy to ensure quality of Cisco Products/Software. Produce status reports for management and participate in regularly scheduled bug scrub meetings with the development team. Champion quality improvement initiatives, and drive improvements to the test/automation methodology
- Strong and engineering level expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN (Ethernet, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, QinQ, IGMP etc) / WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, NAT etc), Mobility (3G and 4G LTE)
- Strong Scripting experience in Python and/or Selenium GUI based automation
- Strong hands on experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc) and L2/L3 VPNs
- Moderate Linux knowledge
- Moderate Understanding of PKI infrastructure
- Moderate Experience with SOAPUI, RESTful API testing
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience with mesh networks and / or sensor networks is highly desirable
- Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers (e.g., Sniffer, Ethereal) and traffic generation tools (e.g., Smartbits, Ixia).
- Past experience in Cisco products is a plus
- Strong communication and leadership skills are essential. Must be willing to continually take on additional responsibilities and be self-motivated and driven.
- MSEE/CS with 3-4 years of experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5-6+ years related experience, or equivalent
What You'll Do:
As a member of this team, you will help set
the foundation for Cisco's IOT Products/Software to help deliver on the IoT
initiative across different verticals.
The job involves a great deal of cross-functional interaction with development, various Test and marketing teams.
- Participate and work closely with developers at various stages Functional Specification Documents, Design reviews to develop test-plans, tools, and automation scripts.
- Drive authoring of detail feature test planning, design and implement Test beds and execution.
- Develop scripts for automated testing using Python and Selenium tools.
- Assist development engineers in product defect diagnosis.
- Coach/Mentor fellow test engineers in testing and script development efforts by performing code reviews and assisting in debugging efforts.
- Initiate and participate in efforts to improve group productivity and test effectiveness.
- Participate in troubleshooting customer issues
- Review Online Help and User Guide documents
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
@ciscoCareers is #hiring #WeAreCisco #Software Engineer #IoT #Test Automation #L2L3 #Networking #Continuous Integration # SOAPUI #RESTful API testing #Linux #Networking technologies