Software Development Manager - NextGen Firewall
Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Business Entity
Intelligent Cyber Security for the Real World by delivering the best Next Generation Firewall in the industry.
Role & Responsibilities
● Manage a team 8+ engrs with complete ownership of their tasks and coordinate their execution following the established dev & QA processes.
● Project planning – identifying, scoping, prioritizing, tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones.
● Work closely with a cross functional team to architect and design new features
● Connect business requirements with technical solutions and vice-versa
● Influence beyond current team/ownership
● Mentor junior engineers and resolving technical conflicts
●5+ years of 1st line Manager experience with 8-15 direct reports.
●Experience in conflict mgmt, coaching engineers to develop their full potential.
●Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12+ years of related experience
● Network Management experience is a plus
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.