Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
Work under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, the Software Engineer provides technical expertise in developing solutions and supporting issues from various customers, field and internal test teams for a large and complex software system. The successful candidate will interface with customers, Advances Services, TAC and other teams within Cisco in providing a solution with very high quality and customer satisfaction.
Who You'll Work With
Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. This includes all the Operating Systems and network services for IOS/XE in Enterprise, IOS-XR in Service Provider and NX-OS in Data Center market segments
Who You Are
Masters with 4-6 years or Bachelors with 8-10 years of experience in software development and support with expertise in Java, web applications J2EE, JDBC & JMS, spring and Hibernate.
* Experience in scripting languages such as Perl, Tcl/tk, Python and Shell.
This position will oversee responding to high priority customer service request, fixing customer found defects, releasing patches, proactive & reactive support for customer issues and will be required to adhere to Quality standards & metrics.
* Analyzes, develop, implement and tests fixes to address issues encountered by customers.
* Develop solution to problems in existing software components.
* Performs unit & integrated testing and write appropriate test plans to cover all the possible scenarios and document the results.
* Responsible for reviewing the work of other software systems programming personnel.
* Debugging of complex software components written in Java, forming the foundation of a large, complex network, systems, and application management product.
* Document the lessons learned and mentor the junior engineers when required.
* Ability to develop quick solutions to complex customer issues and produce patches to customers with high quality.
* Experience in UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems a must.
* Exposure to all phases of the software development process.
* Exposure to Clearcase, SVN, GIT, HP Openview, Netcool, Eclipse tools would be an advantage.
* Experience in SNMP, MIBS, Traps, Syslog processing would be a plus.
* Experience in developing Network Management Software a plus.
* Any certifications CCNA/CCNP/CCIP/Oracle/Red Hat Linux/Java a plus.
* Familiar with a variety of network equipment from different vendors.
* Understands network and network management protocols would be desirable.
* Practiced software documentation skills, commenting code, and creating unit test plans.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Team player and cultural diversity a must.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site