Software Engineer @ Cisco Jasper
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer at Jasper Cisco you will ensure that our mission-critical services are healthy and working as expected by our customers; this includes proactive monitoring, coding, and planning for dealing with unexpected emergencies.
Who you’ll Work With
As a Senior Software Engineer you will primarily provide hands-on development for the engineering group at Jasper, as well as performing software engineering in all phases of the software lifecycle. You will be working with the Entire Engineering team.
Who You Are
An engineer with excellent skills in analyzing software, and system requirements and implementation
• Developing and testing code
• Identifying and resolving anomalies during test on various software and system-level platforms
• Identifying and implementing required software modifications
• Participating in technical reviews of software products
• Working with software development peers, subject matter experts, and wireless engineers
• Proving on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed
• Some travel required to visit onsite team members in US. Trips to include technical support of features developed and providing support to test of developed products in the Jasper operating environment.
· Minimum 4 years of software engineering experience
· Minimum 3+ years of Java programming experience
· Experience working with small teams in an agile development environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience with SQL relational databases
· Practical experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD)
· Network programming experience is a plus
· Experience of working with remote workers in different time zones
· Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication
· Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies
· Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify
· Some travel is required (anticipate less than 20 days per year)
· Self-motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment
· Availability and capability to provide on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed
· Strong communication and documentation skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.