Software Engineer, Harmony Identity and Cloud Portal Services, CPSG
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Senior Software Engineer, Harmony Identity and Cloud Portal Services, CPSG
What You'll Do
- Design and develop multi-tenant SaaS apps and Cloud management portals using multi-stack (Java, Go, Py, Node) and distributed software services.
- Build and automate deployment of RESTful APIs for highly scalable IAM and SaaS application back-end services.
- Enhance and scale identity and access management (IAM) services.
- Participate in systems design and technology POCs in an agile software development environment.
- Take ownership of components over the entire product life cycle including CI/CD, testing, scale and performance, runtime management (with Dockers & K8S), monitoring, and documentation.
- Review designs and optimize existing product features to take advantage of programmable cloud infrastructure.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is building next generation hybrid and private cloud platform. This is your chance to be part of the team that accelerates Cisco’s cloud journey. We are leveraging Cisco technologies with best of Open Source innovations to build and offer differentiated hybrid and private cloud solutions to our enterprise customers.
If you want to be part of the future, want to work with the best and brightest and want to “do things the right way” then join the dynamic team of project Harmony.
Who You Are
You’re a senior software engineer with a strong desire and proven abilities to deliver the best quality services that are highly available and scalable. You’re highly innovative thought-leader with superior capabilities in developing software that will make a substantial impact to our transformation. You’re ready to excel in a fast-paced work environment where you’ll develop, integrate, deploy and operate cloud services into a production environments.
- A Computer Science or related undergraduate or master's degree.
- Server-side large scale distributed Java and/or Go experience.
- Developing data driven applications using SQL databases and ORM.
- Familiarity with NoSQL data modelling and solution development is a plus.
- Building RESTful web services and experience developing cloud native applications using micro-services patterns.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker based distributed services runtime and lifecycle management.
- Experience with identity and user management, OAuth, SSO, SAML in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Experience with Agile/DevOps, CI/CD (Git, Gerrit, Jenkins) and automation with Ansible and Python scripting.
- Working knowledge of OpenStack or AWS or similar cloud environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Position is based in San Jose. On an exceptional basis, remote locations are considered
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.