Software Engineer III
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered network security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers' devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It's a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won't be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don't just take our word for it - we've seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth.
Who You'll Work With
We build the core security features and functionality of our Next Gen cloud security product (Umbrella) and build distributed Web Proxy systems at scale. Our environment processes 2,000,000+ requests per second, across 25 datacenters and cloud providers. The team is passionate about securing the world and building cutting edge user experiences.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
As an engineer on this team you will often be in the position where there are no 3rd party APIs or libraries that can neatly be put together into a package as a solution. You will be called on to not only be a programmer but be an innovator as well. We expect our engineers to write well documented and test covered code.
* We work in small teams building big technology.
* We work on hugely complex problems and push the edge of modern systems to solve: core pieces of internet infrastructure, big data clusters, high performance proxies, low latency computing etc.
* Flat team structure. No jumping through hoops to get your idea into reality.
* We work intensely together and have the sanity of a regular work schedule.
* 5+ years programming experience in Java
* Experience in developing high performance distributed client/server systems
* Solid understanding of network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS
* SSL/TLS proxies and end points knowledge
* SOA design experience
* At least one scripting language (Python, Perl, PHP,etc..)
* Very strong Linux experience
* Experience with configuration management and automation tools (Puppet/Chef/Func/Ansible)
* Experience of working in large deployment environments
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; experience of troubleshooting using packet captures and root cause analysis
* Ability to build on and use open-source tools/projects
* Experience in real-time traffic processing (firewalls, port forwarding, etc.)
* Experience with Jenkins, kickstart and cobbler
* NGINX module hacking
* Experience of supporting Java application servers
* Experience of Virtualization technologies
* Writing basic SQL queries
* Experience administrating a three-tier architecture
* Administration of Apache Tomcat
* Experience of configuring automated monitoring systems
* Experience developing in an agile environment
* Nagios plugin development experience
* Experience with recursive or authoritative DNS servers
* Experience developing SSL based VPN or SSL Proxy solutions
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.