Software Engineer III
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
What you'll Do
Sr Wireless Test Engineer
San Jose, CA
Switching and Wireless Group in Cisco is the industry leader in enterprise networking with a proven track record in building innovative wired and wireless solutions. This particular position is in the Wireless Software Test team.
Who you'll Work With
You will be part of a world-class Software test team that works on various cutting edge technologies in Wireless.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
● Review Customer Solution Requirement Docs (SRDs)
● Design and Validate Customer usecases
● Automate usecases using TCL/Expect
● Participate in innovative Software test initiatives
● Work closely with the field to successfully enable the Solutions
● Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ years of experience
● Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight.
● Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge/ hands-on experience (preferably Cisco)
● Excellent understanding / hands-on experience with 802.11 wireless protocols/standards, Access Points and Wireless LAN controllers.
● Deep understanding on Wireless site survey process and techniques, RF Technologies, Wi-Fi Radio Technologies and Wi-Fi standards
● Excellent understanding of RADIUS authentication, 802.1x and various EAP types.
● Have experience in Wireless related customer deployments
● Experience in test tools and utilities such as Ixia, IxVeriwave, IxChariot, Wireshark/Ethereal and Omni peek.
● Scripting Languages: TCL, Expect, Python, GUI automation
● Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques.
● Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
● Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team player
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.