Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
You are a technical lead, or an expert software developer with experience implementing and designing I/O solutions for the UCS product family deployments in modern virtualized data centers. You demonstrate a deep I/O technical and implementation focus and broad knowledge of and exposure to embedded systems, sever, networking or storage systems software development are essential for success in this role.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with Cisco to drive the evolution and expansion into cloud computing. Champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that help build next generation data centers.
Who You Are
You have the capability and the will to learn, understand, implement, improve, explain and promote Cisco VIC based innovative networking and/or storage technologies. Part of the job is to design and develop in at least one of the following areas:
- Firmware for high speed networking or storage inter faces over Ethernet
- Firmware for PCIe devices or inter-connects
- Ethernet NIC device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX
- Storage HBA device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX
- ASIC based networking features and processing offloads for UCS deployments in enterprise/provider virtualized data centers, network edge, cloud and SDN.
- ASIC based storage features and processing offloads for initiator/target modes in enterprise/provider virtualized data centers and cloud.
- Networking control and management planes protocols, including interactions with the UCS Manager and the Cisco Nexus operating system.
- Kernel modules, user space libraries for virtualized, high-performance/low-latency I/O, for servers OS/hypervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Strong working experience in C programming.
- Embedded systems, firmware or kernel development
- PCIe sub-systems or inter-connects, such as SR-IOV
- Networking protocols, including L2 Ethernet switching and TCP/IP
- Storage protocols, such as FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, SCSI
- Network or storage device drivers development in either Windows, Linux or ESX
- Hypervisor or virtual machine monitor development, such as Hyper-V, ESX, KVM, Xen, OVM
- High performance and/or low latency I/O, such as RDMA
- Data center networking development, such as NetFlow, VxLAN,
- L2/L3 switching, NIV/802.1BR, QoS, SPAN/ERSPAN, ACL, tunneling, L4-L7
- networking protocols or services including TCP Proxy, Load Balancers, network
- firewalls, forwarding ASICs, network processors, OpenFlow
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.