Software Engineer, Security Engineering at OpenDNS
Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Additional Location(s)San Francisco
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You’ll Do
The Cisco Umbrella Security Engineering team is not your typical security team. We work not to restrict but to enable. Our engineering teams are responsible for the security of their own products, and it is Security Engineering’s responsibility to ensure they have everything they need to succeed. Our team builds innovative tools and services, many of them open source, to support security initiatives across engineering.
Who You’ll Work With
As a member of this team you will work with both security subject matter experts on the team and the customers of the team to uncover needs, develop solutions, and bring them into production. You will work closely with our Platform as a Service team to integrate security solutions.
Who You Are
- Your primary background is software engineering but you have a passion for security
- You are customer driven
- You are comfortable working in an agile, team environment
- You are a proponent of open source software and information
- Experience developing RESTful APIs including authN/authZ
- Experience with Unix/Linux usage and configuration
- Experience with systems configuration management
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment models
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and protocols
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with applied cryptography including SSL/TLS, PKI systems
- Experience with static and dynamic application security analysis
- Experience finding and mitigating web application vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems including LDAP, Kerberos, OAUTH, Multi-factor/TOTP systems
- Experience with network-based vulnerability scanning
- Experience working in a DevOps culture
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.