SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IV.CISCO
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Business Entity - The Optical Software Group within the Core Software Group, has the charter for all Software Development functions across all Service Provider Switching, Routing and Optical platforms. The hiring team has one of the largest charters – completely owning the many high density core platforms.
The Team - Working in this group, you will have the opportunity to Architect, Design, Develop and Test, some of the world’s largest Optical Fiber networks, that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms. You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and challenging.
Cisco seeks a software developer to work on cutting edge Optical Networking platform within the Core Software Group. The following are key expectations for the role.
- Work Experience in Network Management or Planning Software’s.
- Good knowledge of various Optical Technologies and protocols like DWDM, SONET/SDH, OTN, MPLS/GMPLS.
- Strong in Core Java programming or C++, SW design and unit-testing.
- Ability to debug complicated issues and drive system level architecture and design
- Strong in problem solving and expert in data structures
- Good understanding of Operating Systems, Design patterns and Service- oriented architectures.
- Work experience in CORBA/TL1/SNMP or Web UI is an advantage.
B.Tech/BE/M.Tech/MS (EE/CS) or equivalent with 7+ years relevant experience in internetworking technologies and applications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, development and unit-testing of various software features
- Exposure to product life cycle and tools
- Customer experience: Reproduction and debugging of customer issues, handling of field queries
- Interact with various functions and teams of the product, including marketing, H/W, QA, Account teams etc.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
@ciscojobs is #hiring #networking #sw development cycle #routers #switches #networking products #virtualization #linux