Software Packaging Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN(Job Number:700592)
There's no better time to bring your Software Packaging career to the health care industry.
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions - solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum,
You can bring your passion for innovation to an agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Software Packaging Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Software Packaging Engineer at Optum, you have practical knowledge of the Windows Installer Service. You are be intimately familiar with Microsoft Operating Systems and you possess an excellent understanding of the configuration and function of MS Windows File System, Registry, Software Packaging and scripting skills to facilitate custom installation requirements.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about many different aspects of the Optum organization. In this role you will gain invaluable experience optimizing and making it possible to share many different applications and leading edge technologies across this large organization.
- As part of the Software Lifecycle Services Packaging team, your role will be to create, trouble shoot and support EXE, MSI and ThinApp application packages.
- Perform all phases of Software Packaging, including requirements analysis, Package design, development and testing
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and recommend solutions as required
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work as a team and independently
Job Product/Software Engineering
Primary Location US-MN-Eden Prairie
Other Location US-Wisconsin
Organization End User Technology Services
Number of Openings 1