Software Product Sales Specialist
Location:Issy Les Moulineaux, Ile De France, France
Additional Location(s)Netherlands, UK
Area of InterestSales - Product
<b>What You'll Do</b>
Cisco Systems is hiring Software Sales Specialists to support our fast growing software business. Many of our largest customers want to license all the necessary software to implement our solutions in a single licensing agreement. Reporting to the software leadership in the Enterprise Business Group this role will work with country Account and Sales Management teams. This is a sales role that will target and rapidly grow customers who are interested in Enterprise Licensing Agreements (ELAs) and larger / more complex Cisco ONE transactions. The role will be to support our direct and partner sales teams in explaining, structuring and selling Enterprise Licenses and our key software offerings.
<b>Who You'll Work With</b>
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
Opportunity comes from the combination of technology and people. Cisco is one of the largest software providers in the world with solutions that bridge Collaboration, Security, Networking and key initiatives like Software Defined Networks and Data Centers
<b>Who You Are</b>
The Software Sales Specialist will spend approximately 60% of their time working with account teams and customers exploring the best licensing agreement for the customer, explaining the agreements and assisting in the negotiations around key software contracts. Cisco Systems expects its software and Enterprise Licensing business to grow very rapidly over next several years so this individual will help not only start up this important business, but make recommendations on how we can scale this business out to a multi-million dollar business for Cisco Systems. Below are examples of some of the areas a Software Consumption specialist will be involved in:
- Working with Account teams and partners to qualify new opportunities.
- Meet with customer CXO's and partner with account teams to define contract success metrics, solutions, and models.
- Advising on strategies and positioning for specific customers based on experience, best practices and particular account situations.
- Making initial presentation to customer, helping team qualify.
- Define offer and do preliminary pricing, test with customer.
- Final pricing and value presentation
- Q&A/Objection handling.
- Answer typical legal issues, business issues.
- Help account team with any issues that have to be escalated to BU or Commercial Finance.
- Customer feedback to BU on enhancements and changes we need in the future.
- Work with partners as a proxy for the account team to help them sell an ELA or complex software offer.
Preferred Candidate profile
Experienced sales professional that has a consistent track record of success demonstrating business growth and over achievement against quota across consecutive years. Proven ability to sell new parts of their portfolio and/or using new styles of business models to close business.
- Self starter, able to work remotely and operate against deadlines
- Problem solver, capable of demonstrating sound judgment when managing ambiguity.
- Bring simplicity to, and cope with, complex environments.
- Team orientated, enlisting and lead virtual teams across functional, hierarchy and cultural boundaries
- Numerate: Comfortable organizing, interpreting and presenting data
- Does not need to be a technical, solution or architecture expert, but knows where to find it
- Does not need to be a software or contract expert (we can give that), but needs the ability to sell a concept to internal and external stakeholders
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.