Solutions Architect - Indianapolis, IN(Job Number:703244)
At Optum, we are focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. Do you enjoy working with an elite team, empowered to do your best? If so, please consider this your opportunity to see your ideas come to life. Optum is known for its innovative approach to health care.
Widely regarded as innovators and thought leaders, our executive team has served in key administration roles, on the boards of national and community-based organizations, and in a number of advocacy roles for health care and community-based organizations. We have spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster; we have developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow; and we have created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses to share our best thinking. The world will never be the same. And neither should you.
In this Solutions Architect role, you will be responsible for analyzing business requirements, performing options analysis, ensuring quality/alignment of Designs, and you will demonstrate and apply knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards. You will also be responsible for the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and the components required to support it and the integration of corporate and technical architectures and applications.
Positions in this function are involved in the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and applications plan, including the components required to support it and in the integration of corporate and business architectures and applications. Responsible for coordinating, administering and supporting activities related to data planning, data recovery and development and related projects. Includes all types of IT business architects as well as IT technical architects.
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Involved in solving moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analysis
- Maintain knowledge of current domains and strategic roadmaps
- Identify/quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
- Incorporate software and system architecture into conceptual designs
- Support applicable modeling efforts (e.g., data modeling, process modeling, hardware modeling, performance modeling)
- Provide oversight of conceptual designs to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture governance (e.g., principles, policies, standards, future-state reference architectures)
- Maintain awareness of current technology assets, and the applicability and capability of each
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of current business and industry issues/trends and incorporate into enterprise architecture designs as appropriate
- Provides innovative security solutions for the UnitedHealthOne business segment
- Executes PCI-DSS program activities to ensure compliance with standards, and serves as a liaison to the UnitedHealth Group PCI program
- Transposes business and regulatory requirements into both technical and policy driven solutions
- Interacts with various IT teams to identify areas of security improvement including applications development, infrastructure services, and systems management
- Facilitates external audits and security assessments including the collection of artifacts, evidence, and the planning of remediation activities
- Assists with execution of the vulnerability management program
- Assists with execution of the penetration testing practice
- Interacts with the IT enterprise architecture lead and virtual architecture team
- Serves are security adviser to senior leadership
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
Job IT Architecture
Primary Location US-IN-Indianapolis
Organization E&I UHO Info Tech
Number of Openings 1