Job Code: 383618
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Customer Office organization is pursuing a qualified Solutions Architect to build business solutions aligned with the enterprise digital strategy. This role will be critical in implanting and establishing short and long term digital capabilities across transactional platforms, e-business applications, business operations, and other supporting areas in Prudential’s business and corporate areas.
The Solutions Architect is a key technical leadership role for implementing modern business solutions leveraging Cloud, Mobile, Social, Integration, and Data solutions available within the organization as well as in the marketplace. The individual will be responsible for integrating disparate systems seamlessly and enable communication at different layers of the technology architecture stack. This role combines strong technical architecture expertise, a solid understanding of core business functions, and a broad knowledge of hardware / software products / platforms to deliver and maintain application solutions to meet business needs. The associate will participate as a technical expert in design and development of Technology domains in support of applications and development teams throughout the software development life cycle. The effort will also require the individual to understand the data footprint and gain a high level understanding of the business applications that will be delivered via digital platforms and integrated through an Enterprise Services Bus (ESB). The specific responsibilities will vary from project to project, providing excitement and variety, but also requiring flexibility and adaptability to learn as well as acquire new skills to support contemporary technologies, and have fun doing so.
The candidate will work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team, Business Architects, Solution Architects, Data Architects, technical team members, product and business owners across organizations to leverage their expertise and ensure project solutions are in alignment with overall business and technology strategy. The candidate will also partner in developing technology solution approaches, evaluating products, and assessing ROI as well as TCO on key initiatives.
- Lead a cloud migration strategy in AWS
- Lead the creation and evolution of digital solutions to build new features and applications leveraging existing assets and acquiring new products as required
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on project planning and investment options
- Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration as well as application development and promote best practices in these areas
- Define and implement proof-of-concepts for proving new technologies and/or architecture patterns both at business and enterprise levels
- Maintain domain architecture and roadmaps and its alignment with technology roadmap
- Perform design responsibilities including determining the best patterns to use for each integration scenario in order to gain the best performance, reusability, governance and maintainability
- Enhance coding standards, development guidelines and delivery practices for efficiency
- Guide and help develop other technical and non-technical team members
- Lead/contribute in architecture, design & code reviews of specific projects
- Review internal artifacts and deliverables received from vendor partners
- Work closely with clients and project managers and team to clearly define scope of work and provide accurate cost/schedule estimates
- Support the technical teams during the software development life cycle from project initiation to production deployment
- Assist with SLA definition, analysis and application performance tuning, with a focus on service/message throughput and latency
- 10 years of experience working in building solutions and applications across multiple technology areas with at least 3 years in a development team lead role
- Must have experience with enterprise scalable applications in Amazon Web Services cloud. Along with a good understanding of AWS tools.
- Must have experience with designing, developing, and implementing complex integration for end-to-end solutions at a middleware level with focus on performance optimization
- Must have experience in delivering solutions in web, digital, and mobile
- Experience with digital marketing solutions with a focus on delivery marketing, digital CRM systems, personalization, campaign management and content targeting
- Experience with digital analytics, business intelligence and experience management having the required skills in predictive modeling, visualization and tag management
- Must have strong knowledge of Web services (JAX-WS, JAX-RS, SOAP, and REST), JMS, MQ, MFT, and transfer protocols (http, ftp, etc.) required
- Must have experience implementing solutions using a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) approaches including security, service registry and governance processes
- Ability to review functional requirements and determine the type of integration work that is needed based on the business needs
- Object oriented programming experience in J2EE platforms is required
- Knowledge of databases and networking
- Ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and/or integrating with diverse application systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and all phases of the entire software life cycle
- Strong interpersonal skills including team collaboration, leadership, presentation, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Architecture