Southwest Medical Geriatrician - $50K Sign on -Las Vegas, NV(Job Number:635497)
This is an employed practice position with Southwest Medical , Nevada's largest multispecialty group. We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, $50,000.00 Sign on Bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders.
Top reasons to live in Las Vegas, Nevada:
- 300 days of sunshine, annual average temperature of 70 degrees, beautiful desert flowers and red rock canyons
- The best of superstar shows, concerts, sporting events, restaurants and shopping available 365 days a year!
- NO STATE INCOME TAX, affordable housing, wonderful recreation available: Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon, Colorado River, Lake Powell, Mt. Charleston (11,000 ft elevation) are all nearby; Las Vegas is situated a short distance from 10 Scenic National Parks; Las Vegas is also a Golfers Paradise with 40 neighborhood and championship courses
The SMA Geriatrician for the SNF program will work with SNF physicians and NPs in the management of patients in our network SNF facilities. This position will be responsible for optimizing the quality of clinical care, managing utilization and interfacing with the other clinical programs offered by SM and Optum.
- Direct clinical care of SNF patients
- Provide education to other SM physicians regarding the role of the SNF in the continuum
- Educate and interact with case management staff regarding the proper utilization of the SNF network
- Participate on SM committees
- Participate in problem solving, improving interdepartmental communication and staff training
- Provide clinical and strategic leadership on national committees and task forces
Primary Location US-NV-Las Vegas
Organization OptumCare NV
Number of Openings 1