The Specialty Recruiter is responsible for driving the execution of external talent acquisition for select hourly specialty positions in the Division. In partnership with the Director Staffing Services and Retail Staffing Sr. Manager, this role will develop an understanding of the Division's workforce planning needs and develop talent acquisition strategies to attract and hire best in class specialty talent for the field. The Specialty Recruiter will manage the full recruitment life cycle for all external specialty hires. This role may implement other staffing initiatives as requested by the Director Staffing Services.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20%-Use strategic planning information to implement innovative region-specific and division-specific staffing plans to develop a strong external bench of talent that supports The Home Depot's talent acquisition strategy. Acquire industry knowledge and competitive market data and use this information to drive these efforts.
- 20%-Perform full life-cycle recruiting to include sourcing strategy development, identification and coordination of advertising plans, and interviewing. Maintain communication with field leadership and others in order to perform these tasks.
- 20%-Execute recruitment plans in order to achieve staffing metrics including candidate quality, candidate throughput, and efficient time to offer. Provide status reports on these metrics. Identify ways to improve efficient time to offer in partnership with field leadership.
- 20%-Develop individualized sourcing strategies for the markets and execute appropriately. Strategies should include cold calling, building networks in the markets, and maintaining interests with passive candidates.
- 20%-Build and maintain strong relationships with the field and division in order to meet recruitment objectives. Work with appropriate groups to identify and resolve issues.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to Sr Manager Retail Staffing
- This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelors Degree in a related field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5 plus years in successful recruitment, with preference given to retail experience.
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish & English)
- Recruiting expertise and expert knowledge of internet tools and string sourcing strategies.
- Experience creating and executing a wide range of recruiting initiatives.
- Three plus years experience in administering behavioral interviews.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Business Acumen in knowledge of employment laws and other applicable federal and state regulations.
- Creativity in recruitment activities understanding candidate traits, demographic characteristics, and Talent Management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.