The Senior Accountant position is part of a team responsible for Inventory and Gross Margin accounting for The Home Depot and its related Month End Close processes. Scope of Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparation of Account Reconciliations, month end closing journal entries, creating and analyzing monthly financial reports and implementing process improvements
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Project accounting
- Monthly preparation, review and analysis of assigned accounts and review of specified accounts assigned to staff accountants included in the consolidated and divisional profit and loss statements and balance sheet.
- Preparation and/or review of monthly account reconciliations in accordance with Finance Account Reconciliation Standards.
- Position will be required to take a leadership role in departmental training and development and be committed to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Preparation, review, and analysis of management reporting
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Finance and Accounting
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience in Financial System conversion including Data Migration and Application Integration.
- Candidate must be a pro-active self-starter with solid time management skills.
- Must have the ability to handle changing priorities, multi-task outside primary areas of responsibility, establish good business relationships, work directly with management, and have demonstrated leadership ability to manage departmental projects and/or initiatives.
- Expected to handle confidential company financial and operational information in a responsible manner.
- BBA or Masters in Accounting/Finance
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years of Accounting/General Ledger experience, Real Estate construction or operations is a +
- Background should include monthly close, account reconciliation preparation, P&L review, variance analysis, and process improvements.
- Proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Solid foundation in Accounting
- Ability to work with many people across multiple departments
- Knowledge of construction accounting is a +
- SAP knowledge is a +
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.