POSITION PURPOSE -
The Home Depot is always striving to deliver outstanding customer service, drive improvement and develop talent that will grow our business into the future. For individuals who are results-oriented, and interested in developing leadership skills within a dynamic team-focused environment, we offer our Assurance and Advisory Management Program (AMP).
Ensuring significant business exposure, this two-year program includes rotations through a variety of challenging auditing and consulting assignments, providing learning opportunities in areas such as leadership, finance, operations, merchandising, IT, interconnected retail, global sourcing and supply chain. AMP associates review areas of controllership, perform risk assessments and evaluate business/operational processes to identify process improvement/cost-out opportunities and mitigate risks. AMP is designed to drive continuous improvement in the Company while developing the career and leadership skills of associates in the program. Graduates of the program can accelerate their career in AMP or move into other functional roles within the business.
If you’re ready to advance your career with a Fortune 50 company while giving back to your community and working in an environment with endless opportunities – Be a part of The Home Depot’s NEXT generation of leaders.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Develop and execute a project plan for a specified segment of a project; execute and deliver key tracks or segments of a project; formulate objectives, identify resources, set timelines, communicate results and present deliverables for segment.
- Create status reports for management and other associates on project progress; assist with presentations; give and receive feedback, performance reviews; hold regular development discussions with management.
- Determine objectives and risks of core and support processes that support a business strategy using the Business Process Review and Six Sigma methodologies; create a process map and identify critical success factors; use data/metrics to measure the risk within the process and the impact of controls on the process opportunities; evaluate effectiveness of controls; identify sustainable solutions to fix breakdowns.
- Lead teams to create sophisticated data collection plans; identify sources of data (operational, financial, industry, etc.); gather, analyze, and manipulate data; review data for trends and exceptions and draw sound conclusions; use statistical data tools to graphically display and analyze results; review and create cost/benefit analysis and financial/data models with limited supervision.
- Accept and facilitate change by understanding the vision, assist management with developing a strategy to ensure that the change lasts; identify and remove barriers; lead in implementing changes, developing training, creating rewards/measurements.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Typically reports to Manager Internal Audit
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Examples include: telephone operator and file clerk.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 04
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Prior work experience within engineering, accounting, business, auditing or consulting firms
- Prior audit and/or process improvement experience a plus
- Project Management experience
- Ability to communicate with executive management
- Demonstrated leadership attributes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Problem solving and general analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of associates and Executive Management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritize work
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations with little direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.